Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Whale Tea Blue Lagoon sea salt ice cream review

 
HEY YA, it's me again with another blue coloured sea salt ice cream review. I'm really not supposed to eat so many ice creams because I have a weak stomach but yo I'm a sucker for any ice cream that's blue, especially sea salt flavoured ones. Now that I've tried the one from Family Mart (link), I'm up for more sea salt ice creams.

In today's post, as clearly mentioned in the title, I'm going to review about the new 'blue lagoon' ice cream by The Whale Tea. The Whale Tea is a newly opened boba tea shop in the Curve, Mutiara Damansara. If you've watched my national science museum vlog in youtube, you might have already seen me trying out their boba tea. Their brown sugar boba tea is quite nice but that's not the main point we're here today whoops.

I present to you, the blue lagoon ice cream:






Without further ado, let me just state down my thoughts about this ice cream.


THOUGHTS


Presentation

I shall start with the presentation of this ice cream first. Just like any other ordinary soft serves, it is served in a pretty standard waffle ice cream cone. What makes it different from regular soft serve ice creams is that the cone is black and this can only mean one thing- it is a charcoal flavoured (is charcoal even a flavour lolz?) ice cream cone. 

Another thing weird thing about this ice cream is that it had some crystal-like sprinkles on top. At first sight it looked pretty much like coloured sugar but no it wasn't! Those were actually popping candy! I mean, WHaaaAT? This is very bizarre to me because I have never ever come across ice creams with popping candy on it. 

Flavour

It has a very odd flavour, at least to me. I can still remember the exact taste of this ice cream as I'm writing this post. I was expecting some fine-ass sea salt vanilla-ish flavours from this ice cream but NOPE. How do I even say this? The flavours were a bit complex to me.

It was definitely milky and creamy but it doesn't have much vanilla taste to it and neither did it taste anything like sea salt at all. 

I was confused. 

The ice cream tasted pretty much like a regular mint ice cream without any chocolate chips. Not to mention that the popping candy was apple flavoured so it kinda messed up my taste buds because on one hand I can taste mint but on the other I can taste the apple popping candy. 


Texture

It was smooth and creamy so no complaints about that.

Price

RM7.90 each. Not too shabby I guess.


The ultimate question is, will I ever come back for this ice cream again? I have to say no because I didn't really enjoyed the flavours of the ice cream. It was weird to me. I have no hate against the ice cream whatsoever but it just isn't my cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment