Friday, July 12, 2019

Family Mart Mediterranean Sea Salt Sofuto/ ice cream review

   
I love all things blue, especially when it comes to food and beverages or even desserts! Blue coloured foods never fail to attract me. This time, Family Mart has newly released their new Mediterranean Sea Salt Sofuto. That's quite a long name right? Okay for short, it's the blue sea salt soft serve ice cream and it is for a limited time only!

You'd already know that I wouldn't want to miss out such an interesting ice cream!

The last time I have ever had a sea salt flavoured vanilla ice cream was about 4 years ago and I really loved it! It was sold at a mini ice cream parlour named cremeo in Publika but sadly it had closed it doors about 2 or 3 years ago. Since then, I have never had any sea salt ice creams.

My sis and I finally got our hands on this sea salt ice cream yesterday at one of the Family Mart stores! I know we're kinda late to the party but better late than never right? So, let's begin with the review!

Unfortunately, this post will not have as many pictures as the other posts because erm..


As you can see from this picture, the ice creams are bloody melting already and the dude at the cashier did not do a great job at dispensing the ice creams..

The ice creams were slanting to the left/right! LMAO.

And it was nearly falling off the cone wtf.

So we had to save em' real quick by devouring the top part of the ice creams first.

😓

In case you were wondering, yes, we bought 4 ice creams in total and both of us had 2 of the cones each. Since we're at it might as well eat more right? 🙃


THOUGHTS

Flavour

Flavour-wise, it's just vanilla ice cream with a tad bit of saltiness to it. It tasted quite like the famous Ikea vanilla-flavoured soft serve ice cream with just a slight salty taste. No complex flavours at all. To me, it's just a slightly more 'boujee' vanilla ice cream compared to the regular vanilla ice creams. Nevertheless, the taste was good.

Texture

Here comes the part which I didn't really like. The texture of the ice cream was slightly weird. I mean, it's smooth just like regular soft serve ice-creams are but it was a bit weird as you can see from the picture below, the entire ice cream was a bit foamy and bubbly.

I'm not sure if it's just the branch that we went to has such weird foamy textures to their ice creams or the ice cream is just such.


I didn't really like the foamy thing that was happening to the ice creams cuz it surely did make me burp and my stomach bloated.


Price

Considering it is just RM2.90 each, I would say it is pretty good price for such an interesting flavoured ice cream (despite its weird texture). 



Will I recommend this to my friends? I'm not really sure about that actually. I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the ice cream (it tasted good) but the texture just wasn't my favourite. But if you haven't actually had any sea salt flavoured ice creams in your life before, you can definitely give this a go plus it's really cheap compared to other ice creams. 



I hope you enjoyed my review! 🍦



No comments:

Post a Comment