Tuesday, December 25, 2018

2018

 
I initially wrote another blog post to sum up all the things that I've done and experienced in the year 2018 but I've decided not to post that one cuz it sounded quite emotional and sad. Here I am, sitting infront of the laptop writing a brand new blog post to conclude everything about 2018.

2018 is the year I turned 21. It's by far, the strangest (or should I say worst) year of my entire life because there were just way too many things that had happened.

Pewdiepie once said in one of his videos,


"2018 should never have happened. It's just getting worse.."


Well sometimes I kinda wished 2018 had never happened before but at some point, I'm grateful it did because it taught me quite of lot of things.

Let me sum up what are the things I've learnt and experienced this year:

1. I loved Bohemian Rhapsody (watched it 3 times!)

Image result for bohemian rhapsody

Image result for bohemian rhapsody movie gif
Google images



I cannot say enough of this movie because it was really good, at least to me. There are a few differences between the real Queen history and the movie's storyline but nevertheless the movie was beautifully shot. I really enjoyed the movie. If you haven't watched it, I'd recommend you to watch it! I'm so gonna get the DVD version of it once it's on the shelves. 😊

2. Became a fan of Queen's songs

Image result for queen band gif
Google images

Not jumping on the bandwagon but after watching that movie, I went to do some research on the band's history and songs. I listened to a few of their hits and I instantly fell in love with them. Their music just speaks to me for some reason. I expected rock songs to be a bit too loud for my liking but to my surprise, their songs changed my perception towards rock music. When I think of electric guitars and drums I think of the high pitched and loud noises they make but after listening to their music for a while, I sort of got used to these types of sounds already. I really do love a lot of their songs such as 'Don't stop me now', 'Play the game', 'I want to break free', 'Radio Gaga' and 'You're my best friend'.

Also, not to mention that each of the band members are actually really cute.

3. Went to Bangkok

It was definitely an eye-opening experience for me and my family. Loved the food and people there despite the not-so-amazing hotel experience. 

4. Went on non-dairy food alternatives

I had to stop myself from consuming dairy products as they are bad for my stomach. I tend to puke whenever I consume food or beverages containing dairy products like milk or cheese. This also means I can no longer enjoy ice cream, milk tea and almost anything that contains milk. 

Tried out a few alternatives such as almond milk, rice milk and oat milk and I preferred oat milk the best as it has that rich and fragrant taste to it. Also, I can only enjoy ice vegan ice cream or sorbet or sherbet.

It wasn't easy for me but I just had to do it.

5. Enrolled into year 3 of university

A little bit early to say this but hey, I'm completing my degree soon! This is my third year in the UOL LLB programme and things are getting way harder than it used to be, especially with the subject called Jurisprudence that deals with law philosophies. I personally do not quite like that subject even though it's pretty interesting to learn because when it comes to applications, it sucked big time. I really hope I can finish this degree smoothly!

6. First ever drum class!

I always had a thing for drums since young but I was afraid to try it out because well, I had no guts lolz. I wasn't confident enough to learn drums because I always thought they looked difficult to be learnt and all but after years of hesitation, I did it! I registered for my first ever drum class! As I'm writing this, I have yet to attend the class.. The class is on this coming Saturday and I hope I can learn a few tips and tricks from it. Fingers crossed! I might consider buying myself a drum set in the near future and start playing it during my free time. Can't wait!

7. Started making some vlogs (for fun)

I love watching other peoples' vlogs but I have never thought of making my own vlogs. After much thought, I decided to give it a try and I enjoyed making them! However, I have to admit such videos are quite time consuming and difficult to edit especially the subtitles, they can take you HOURS to do it. I'll make more of these whenever I have the time in the future!

8. Made my own bubble tea

After a few tries, my sis and I managed to create our very own bubble milk tea! The most difficult part of creating a nice cup of bubble tea is the pearl making part. That can take you literally two hours and a lot of hardwork otherwise you will end up getting a pot of oobleck (gross). But still, it was fun!

9. Tried out some expensive stuff (food)

Laduree macarons and Kyoho grapes. Both were quite expensive but didn't disappoint but not sure if I will ever get them again. Maybe I'll get those Kyoho grapes again next time cuz they're good.

10. It's okay to be emotional

I confess, I've been through quite a numerous times of emotional roller coaster rides this year. Inevitable heartbreaks, arguments and bad happenings.. it was quite tough for me to cope with those times. There are also times where I felt lonely for god knows what reasons those are for. I think, after being in such situations it had taught me one thing, that is, to voice out your thoughts or to share your problems with someone like a friend or someone whom you can trust.

Surround yourself with lots of good and supportive friends. Seek help and not keep everything to yourself. 

Alternatively, keep yourself occupied with hobbies or activities or even trying out things that you have never ever tried doing before. From there, you might pick up one or two things that you like or discovering that you're actually good at doing them (not s*x pls lol). 

11. Just be the best version of yourself

Really, do what you love and just embrace your own style. Fuck what everybody thinks of you because darling, you only live once and so just do whatever makes you feel comfortable and great about yourself. 

Don't have to try hard to be someone else otherwise for the rest of your life, you will only be busy chasing other people's lives and not living in your own.

And remember, stay humble.



Thanks for reading, wishing everyone a happy new year and may 2019 be a smooth sailing year for the all of us!

Lots of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment