Thursday, November 22, 2018

"Is this the real life, is this just fantasy.." - Bohemian Rhapsody

         
Hey guys! Just want to share my thoughts on the movie- Bohemian Rhapsody. I've never been a big fan of any movies, especially when it comes to one's biography or something like that but this one was quite exceptional. I fell in LOVE with this one. I think this is the best movie that I watched in 2018.






Image (gif) source: Google images

What is this movie about?

Generally, if you have watched the trailer then you'll roughly know what the contents are about and if you haven't, this is for you. The movie is about the rock band, Queen. Yes, the band whose songs are super catchy and popular such as "We are the Champions" and "We will rock you" that you've most likely heard during your school's sports day. In the movie, it emphasizes mostly on the late lead singer, Freddie Mercury's life and the band's music and history.

I'm not gonna share much details regarding the contents of this movie because I don't want no spoilers. Hehe.

What do I like about this movie?

I confess, I don't know anything much about Queen because I was born in the late 90s. I wasn't really exposed to their music except for both of the popular songs as mentioned above. I have never been a fan of rock music because the sound of certain music instruments in it- say the electric guitar wasn't my favourite type as it's sort of high-pitched. However, after watching this movie, my perception towards rock music changed a little.

I kinda started liking Queen's music.

And their members, they're really cute though (in real life).

Also, another thing to love about the movie is the fact that the movie is shot beautifully. From the scenes to the way of how they introduce or depict things is just beautiful. I love the quality of the movie. It wasn't over-dramatic nor was it boring. It was pretty interesting to understand the background of the band, their success and how they get inspirations to make their music.

The cast of the movie did a great job too. Rami Malek, the actor who played Freddie Mercury was spot on. It was difficult having to mimic the real Freddie's movements and stuff since he is a flamboyant person yet Malek managed to do so which is impressive. Another actor, Gwilym Lee who played Brian May looked almost identical to the real Brian too, we couldn't differentiate between the both of them! 😂

Personally, I have read some information about Freddie's personal life in a few websites the day before I watched this movie so it did helped me a little in understanding what the movie was talking about.

The movie has a mixture of feelings in it, from being happy to becoming emotional.The emotional part was when Freddie announced his illness yet he show signs of positivity, that made me cry a little.

One thing that I wasn't satisfied about was the fact that this movie was cut 24 minutes shorter (in Msian theaters) than its original movie. There are quite a bit of things which I wasn't able to understand while watching the movie due to these missing scenes but other than that, everything was good.

I enjoyed the movie a lot. ✨



So if you haven't watched the movie, go watch it! 
It's pretty darn good.

I'm gonna watch it again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment