Thursday, October 25, 2018

Lush shower jelly collection




My university days are back 😕 I've been attending classes for a month plus already and as usual, it's freaking exhaustive I'm not even kidding. My daily routine involves getting stuck in the jam for 1.5 hours in the morning, attending classes for 6-7 hours then driving back home, shower and have dinner, watching youtube and going to bed. Typical student life. But I'm thankful for having great study buddies and hilarious lecturers in college. Cheers to a bright academic year ahead!



Lush has officially opened its franchise (I think) store in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur on the 1st of October 2018. If you're a fan of such beauty related products I think you must have come across this news last month. My sis and I were pretty excited once we got to know that the store has finally opened its doors three weeks ago and guess what? We actually visited the store on its first day of business because we're really hyped about it. Who could ever resist looking at their beautiful and colourful bath and body products? Especially those bath bombs man, urgh they're so pretty!

Lush offers a wide range of products including shower gels, fresh face masks, handmade soaps, shower jellies, body sprays, fragrances, lip scrubs and many more which most of them are scented.

I had my first visit to the Lush store in June this year at Siam Centre Bangkok and I really enjoyed it. I'm not a really huge fan of fancy bath products but there is just something that attracts me very much to Lush's products - their scents. I have to say, some of Lush's products smell really really good and the scents are quite unique compared to the ordinary bath products or fragrances that you can find at the stores.

Everyone has their own preference in scents. You might fall in love with their products or you might not. My sis and I personally love fresh and fruity or citrus-y scents so while we were there, we tend to look at products are citrus-based. I personally do not like floral scents or anything musky.

I'm here today to share with you guys our little Lush shower jelly collection.

IMG_1152


Whoosh shower jelly

The first ever Lush product that I fell in love with was the famous Whoosh shower jelly. Whoosh is a blue coloured jelly with a strong refreshing citrus-y scent. The main ingredients that make up the citrus-y scent of the jelly include lemon and lime juices, grapefruit oil and rosemary oil. I was unsure if I liked the scent at first but I became obsessed with it after using it a few times. I like using this jelly in the mornings because of its refreshing and strong lime and lemon scent- it just wakes me up.

IMG_1167
I have them in two sizes! 😉

On the right, we the large sized Whoosh, 240g.
We aunt got this from Aussie for me last year.
AUD 12.95 (current website price)

On the left we have the small sized Whoosh, 100g.
I got this from Bangkok this year.
THB 395

IMG_1165
The left one's in a new packaging while the right one was its old packaging.

IMG_1174

IMG_1180
Look at this cute little thing 💙


Refresher shower jelly (discontinued)

The Refresher shower jelly also has a strong citrus-y scent but it smells a lot more like lemon. 🍋 The main ingredient for this jelly is lemon (that explains why it smelled so lemony). LOL. I personally don't like the scent of this jelly because it reminds me of those lemon scented dish-washing detergents. But the noteworthy thing about this jelly is that it has fine yellow glitters in it so it makes the jelly look sparkly and attractive.

IMG_1181
I have this in the large size.
I don't know about the price of this since it was discontinued.

IMG_1182

IMG_1183

IMG_1185
The size has diminished since I have used it a numerous times.

IMG_1186
Sparkly yellow jelly. ✨


Santa's Belly shower jelly

The festive shower jelly- Santa's Belly is limited edition. What makes this jelly distinct from other shower jellies is its shape! It is molded into a half-sphere shape that resembles a santa's belly. The main ingredients are apple and grape. This jelly has a blend of sweet and fruity scents. After a long day at school, I would use this jelly in the shower because of its relaxing apple and grape scent. On the website, the picture shows that the jelly contains a large amount of glitter flakes on top with melt-able glitter stars inside of it but when I bought it, the glitter flakes weren't that visible but it does have the glitter stars in it. Nevermind about the looks as long as the jelly smells heavenly. 

IMG_1156

IMG_1159
Santa's belly!
I got this from the Lush store in Pav KL.
RM40.

IMG_1161
Doesn't it look like Santa's belly?? Hohoho. 🎅

IMG_1162
Closeup of Santa's belly. 💞🍎🍇

Thoughts on the shower jellies

I love both the Whoosh and Santa's belly shower jellies the most because of their soothing fragrance. I don't hate the Refresher shower jelly but if it ever comes back, I don't think I would repurchase it. The jellies are kinda fragile as they tend to break after a few uses which is a minus point. However, these shower jellies can last quite long, maybe a little longer than ordinary bar soaps. Note that most shower jellies only have a shelf life of 1 year and 2 months. All in all, I really enjoyed using the jellies 👌





Hope you enjoyed reading!
See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment