Monday, October 16, 2017

Fluffed cafe and dessert bar, PJ

   
What do you think about waffles? Are they just a casual snack or a tempting treat for you? For me, it is definitely a tempting dessert treat. I think waffles are meant to be enjoyed as desserts after meals. Waffles are pancakes with delicious abs, do you agree?

My dream waffle would be a waffle that has a crispy layer on the outside but is soft on the inside. And now I know the exact perfect spot to get my dream waffles, thanks to Sharon (my uni buddy) who recommended us this cafe - Fluffed cafe and dessert bar in Taman Paramount, PJ for delicious waffles and ice cream. This cafe serves not only waffles and ice cream, they do serve a variety of drinks and cakes too.

My uni darlings and I went there on a Wednesday morning by my car. I gotta admit that it's a bit hard to find parking spots around that area and we were lucky to be able to find a spot. We arrived at the cafe at 12 pm, just in time to see them opening their shop. We were the early birds hehehe.


Untitled
The front view of the cafe.

Untitled
The menu. The average price for a plate of waffles are around RM21.
They serve a variety of interesting flavours for both waffles and ice cream.

Untitled
The drinks section.

Untitled
Interior of the cafe. Minimalist yet cozy.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Dio, Ting and Sharon had a slice of caramel cake and if I'm not mistaken it was priced at RM7.90.
I didn't give it a try as I wasn't a fan of caramel desserts. 😅

Untitled
The pooh bear's favourite, RM20. Consisted of a scoop of hokey pokey ice cream, salted caramel sauce, crushed honeycomb and fruits. It was good. The waffles were soft but crispy on the outside (just like how I like my waffles to be).

Untitled
We ordered the birthday special waffle treat off the menu as we were actually here to celebrate both the Oct babies' (Dio and Ting) birthday! We customized the waffle ourselves. It consists of a charcoal waffle, tofu fa, peanut butter and green tea ice cream with fruits on top. Yep, you heard that right, tofu fa ice cream!

But it comes with the condition whereby you gotta spend RM40 and above to get this for free. 

Untitled
The last waffle we ordered was Alice in Wonderful which comprises of Lavender blueberry ice cream, blueberry compote, butter crumbs and fresh berries, RM21.

Untitled
Another shot of the pooh bear's favourite. One thing that we liked about their ice creams is that they aren't too sweet; the sweetness level was just right.

Untitled
The peanut butter ice cream from the charcoal waffle was sooooo good! It tasted exactly just like a scoop of rich peanut butter. And the interesting tofu fa ice cream comes with a little jug of ginger syrup. But I preferred the pb ice cream more than the tff one just because I'm not a big fan of tff. 😛

Untitled
Oh and I did take away a slice of their rose lychee cloudcake which is priced at RM11. If you have noticed properly, yes, the cake looked a bit odd because I kindda smashed it.. I swung the box in my arm too violently while I was shopping with the friends without even noticing that I destroyed the cake partially lololol. #goodluckcake

Untitled
Despite the horrible appearance of the cake, I would give it a rating of 7/10 for its taste. The cake was a tad bit sweet for my liking but overall, I'd still say that it was a good piece of cake. 😆



Psst.. this post isn't sponsored and this is the first time ever I'm giving such good ratings to dessert cafes because the waffles were really good.

If you're a big waffle fan, you should definitely give this cafe a try!

Hope you've enjoyed reading this post, I'll see you guys in a bit! :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment