Saturday, December 23, 2017

PAUL Bakery and cafe, Pavilion KL

     
Back in November, my dad and I visited the Paul Bakery and cafe in Pavilion KL on a weekday. We were intrigued by the number of desserts and pastries they serve in their cafe by just looking at their menu. This place serves not only pastries but also coffees, teas, sandwiches and some cooked dishes. Paul's bakery comprises of two parts; the dining area and an individual pastry kiosk. The individual pastry kiosk - for takeaway pastries is located right opposite of the cafe's dining area and can be easily spotted. I must say, Paul's bakery and cafe are aesthetically pleasing in its black-themed  setting. The entire place looks really elegant too. 🌟

Untitled
Paul's dining area from the side view.

Untitled
This is the view from my seat. 

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
From my seat, I can spot the individual pastry kiosk which is located just right opposite of the dining area.

Untitled
Here's the individual pastry kiosk which displays and sells a variety of breads, tarts, eclairs and other pastries.

Untitled
The prices of these pastries range from approximately RM5++ to RM20++. Not cheap I know.

Untitled
I was merely craving for desserts and pastries hence I didn't really bother to look at the main course section in its menu. Although they do serve main courses but the choices that are offered were limited. As far as I could remember, they do offer options like pasta, cooked meats, salads, soup of the day and sandwiches. Not to mention that the prices of these dishes were quite pocket-unfriendly.. Or maybe the prices were meant to be high because they're exquisite french dishes??? I don't know.


All prices stated below are not inclusive of GST.

Untitled
I went ahead and ordered a cup of vanilla black tea. RM 10.20. 🍵

Untitled
I didn't quite like the taste of the tea at its first brew because the taste of the vanilla itself was quite overpowering, almost artificial but after a couple of brews, the tea tasted better as the vanilla taste becomes more subtle. Overall, the tea was good.

Untitled
It comes with a pot of hot water for refills.

Untitled
Dad ordered a cup of iced lemongrass tea. RM 12.10. Nothing special about it.

Untitled
Waiting for my tea to brew.

Untitled

Untitled
I had a citron meringue tart - aka lemon meringue tart for RM15.10.

Untitled
I really enjoyed this lemon tart, it's delicious! The tart shell was a bit tad too hard to cut with a knife but it's crunchy, I liked the lemon fillings as it wasn't too sour and it was quite sweet. The meringue was good. Absolute perfection. 🍋

Compared to the lemon meringue tart from Rubberduck hartamas, I liked this one better since it's less sour in taste.

Untitled
Ordered a creme brulee to share with my dad. RM 17.

Untitled
The creme brulee was also fine but I personally didn't like the layer of torched sugar on it because it was kindda bitter to taste. The creme itself is alright and its less sweet. It was okay for me.

Untitled
Dad had a plate of salmon pasta - Rigatoni salmon. RM35.90. He enjoyed the dish a lot.


While enjoying my desserts I have also took a few foodie shots.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


The total bill came up to RM105.15 inclusive of GST and 10% of service charges.

Final thoughts, I would return to this place again for its pastries and tea but not the main courses just because I didn't quite like the variety of the food that was being offered on the menu. I wish to try out other pastries like the eclairs on my next visit. I say, the pastries and desserts in this cafe were worth the try!



No comments:

Post a Comment