Tuesday, July 9, 2019

National Science Centre Malaysia visit

 
There are actually so many places that we haven't actually visited in Kuala Lumpur, aside from the famous KL twin towers and the KL tower. I was browsing the net one day and I discovered this hidden gem- the National Science Centre from one of the travelling websites and without any hesitation I decided to give it a visit.

It had never occurred to me that I should check out the National Science Centre because no one was even talking about this place. Oh boy I'm glad I found this place and I'll tell you the reasons why as I continue writing below. 😊

First things first, the National Science Centre is located just a little further away from Sri Hartamas, maybe about 1km away. You can easily locate it using Waze or Google Maps.


Welcome to the national science centre!

Walking towards the centre from our parking lot.

Then you may ask: "do they have parking there?"

The answer is yes! We arrived at about 11.30am on the day of our visit and there were plenty of parking spaces. The parking lots are located just next to the centre itself so it's actually within short walking distance. And, they're FREE!


We're now at the entrance of the national science centre. From here, you can see the ticket booth (in white) located right next to the glass door at the other end. They also have little aquariums with fishes, water plants and corals.

The entrance fee is only RM6 guys!


Below are some snapshots from my latest vlog - NSC Malaysia visit. I only managed to capture some interesting exhibits because the rest are left for you guys to discover on your own. 😉

It would ruin the fun if everything is exposed hehe. 

They have a mini version of overhead aquarium at the entrance.
 Freshwater fishes.

A model of some of Malaysia's famous buildings. This is the solar energy exhibit.

They have a large piano that allows you to play some really simple songs. The notes are displayed on the wall for your reference.

The open space area.

An exhibit that shows the different phases of the moon.


Thoughts on the National Science Centre

I absolutely loved the visit! My sis and I spent a total of 3 hours inside exploring all of the displays/exhibits. 

The National Science Centre does offer a lot of interesting exhibits (although a small part of it are faulty and old) and I have learnt a lot of things from it as well. Plus, the tickets are really affordable- RM6 only! 

So, if you have nowhere else to go this coming holiday, you can give this hidden gem a visit, especially you science lovers 😜

I would suggest you to take your breakfast or lunch first before visiting this place because you'll never know how much time you would spend there and do remember to bring your own water. They have vending machines too but they sell mostly carbonated or sweet drinks.


Here's my VLOG:




That is all for today and see you around!




Pusat Sains Negara (NSC)
Persiaran Bukit Kiara Bukit Damansara,
Bukit Kiara,
50662 Kuala Lumpur

 

No comments:

Post a Comment