Tuesday, June 13, 2017

My thoughts on blogging

   
IMG_7748 (2)
Searchin for my motivation.


It's been almost 8 years since I've started blogging. The word 'blogging' has played a very important role in my life. It has taught me several things over the years through blogging.

1. It taught me to express myself better in words. I personally dislike communicating via social media platforms or even through texting because there are just certain things you can never be able to explain it through texts or words. It has constantly been a problem to me to be able to explain or express myself in words rather than speaking. Whenever I push myself to blog on a certain topic, I would always motivate myself to write better and to think of how I want my audience to understand what I'm trying to say. It also pushes me to learn new words and to insert it into my blog posts so that my readers wouldn't feel bored about my choice of words. Blogging encourages myself to improve my language proficiency levels.

2. It has taught me the important role of pictures in our lives. If you're a loyal reader of mine, you would have noticed that over the years, I've been incorporating a lot of pictures into my blog posts up until today. The reason is because I, myself, love reading blogs that have pictures in it and also blogs which are less lengthy (see, even your own personal style and preference plays an important role in influencing your blogging styles!). To me, since young, I love reading books with pictures instead of lengthy novels because pictures help me to visualize situations and things in my head. That's why they always say that a picture speaks a thousand words. Pictures also help to increase our understanding levels on a certain topic. Say I'm blogging about a piece of strawberry cake. Based on your personal understanding, strawberry cakes are typically made of strawberries and fresh cream. But surely you'd be curious to know how that strawberry cake looks like and whether does it look good/appetizing or not. With pictures, it'd also be easier to me to explain certain features of things in real life to you guys. I bet most of you wouldn't even bother to read my blog posts if I didn't incorporate any pictures into it. Admit it, you love pictures too!

3. Last but not least, through blogging, I've learnt about the joy of sharing my experiences with all of the people out there including you. Notice the difference between the word 'bragging' and 'sharing'. I do realise that certain people blog to 'brag' themselves and to show off their luxurious lives. In my own opinion, I strongly believe that blogging is best used as a tool to share your experiences and your life journeys with the rest of the world. Some may, through the use of blogs, express their personal feelings and emotions in words or using blogs as a personal diary. That's also a great way to share their feelings and happenings in their lives. I personally like sharing my travelling experiences and food reviews with people as I believe such information will provide some guidance or assistance (at least) to those who'd like to know about it. Also via blogging, I've known a lot of friends, virtually. However, only a few remained blogging and most of them had stopped blogging for years.

The question that I currently have in mind is,


DO PEOPLE STILL REMEMBER BLOGS?


As instagram and facebook is slowly making its way to becoming the most popular social platforms, I do realise that people no longer read blogs as frequent as they used to be before. I still the days when I was a primary school kid, blogs were the most 'hit' or 'in' thing on the internet. If you own a blog back in those days, people will label you as a 'cool kid' but now, most people prefer to 'stalk' pretty girls or handsome guys on instagram. Don't get me wrong, I ain't salty about it, I'm just merely stating and sharing my thoughts on this issue. It's cool, you can totally have your own perspectives or you may not share the same thoughts with me on this one.

I can't deny that I have also changed from a person who loves reading blogs into a person who also enjoys watching vlogs on youtube too. I guess the main reason why it is such is because vlogs are even more less wordy than blogs and are suitable for people who doesn't like reading that much. Still, I wish that people will still continue to blog and continue to share their thoughts and experiences with the rest of the world and also continue to inspire people to write instead of spending time posting pictures into instagram with cringy captions. #sorrynotsorry.

I love reading blogs and I also hope that the others will also enjoy reading my posts. I wish that the spirit of blogging will never die and people will still continue to put blogs into good use instead of thinking it as a tool merely for promoting advertisements on products. At the same time, I would also wish that I could continue to bring you guys more interesting and exciting updates instead of just boring and dry rants about certain things in life. My sincere apologies for not being able to keep this little space updated as frequent as I used to before.

At the same time, I would like to take the opportunity once more to express my gratitude to those who had inspired me and had encouraged me to blog even better and had assisted me in improving both my blog and myself as a person. I truly hope that you guys will continue to enjoy reading my little space and together we will continue to inspire better changes in the future.


Thank you for your time and I'll see you guys soon! 
xx
 




No comments:

Post a Comment